Saturday, December 25, 2010

Some "Green" Holiday Projects

Our kids in Minneapolis use only cloth napkins and I sewed a set of 6 colorful patchwork napkins for them. I lined them and used a pillowcase finish.  I didn't think the fabric had enough body to just give them a rolled hem.
 Aren't they pretty?

I love the look of beautifully wrapped gifts but it always gives me a twinge when I see those gorgeous wrappings ripped off and thrown in the garbage.  So I decided to make some reusable gift bags.  I made a few little triangular shaped pouches and several larger drawstring bags.  I expect that the bags will be put to good use - even if it's just to pass along with a gift to someone else.  I did some with holiday themed fabric and some that weren't.  Then they can be used year round.
I saw the pattern for this online a few months back and haven't been able to find it again. If I do I'll be sure to give proper attribution.
I hope that my little great niece will like this bag as much as the gift inside
I have no particular pattern for these - pretty much custom made them to size considering the gift that was to go inside.

No comments: