Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Do you love coffee?  I do - especially that first sip in the morning.  So what did I do?  I made a little art quilt in honour of that    AHHHHsome moment:  the first sip.



I pieced the background to loosely approximate my kitchen - yellow tile counters  - got the grid effect with a paintstick rubbed over a plastic utensil that I found in the kitchen drawer.


I paid homage to my very favorite coffee mug by using its image in this piece - printed then machine appliqued onto the background.  Thread painting, acrylic paint touch up here and there added texture and interest.
Added a little glitter just for fun

Glitzed up a few coffee beans for the full effect and free motion stitched my sentiments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this!! Hope you let us know on Quiting Arts list whenever you add more art. I love your color choices and themes...makes me smile.

Karen said...

Nice work!! Love those coffee cups!!

Karoda said...

From one who adores coffee just as much...I love this! I have a still life that needs to be translated from a sketch to cloth that pictues one of my favore coffee mugs.

http://karoda.typepad.com