Monday, November 01, 2010

I've been doing this blogging thing all wrong - waiting until I have enough time to catch up.  Yikes - at the rate it's going that'll be a long wait.
So - here we go - SHORT POSTS!!

I'm itching to get into the other room and sew but first............here are the 2 photos that were accepted into the Eye of the Quilter exhibit in Houston.


Title:Putting It All Into Perspective
Statement:Travelling east in late Summer 2009, I found myself not only enthralled by the scenery but somehow comforted. No matter what else fate may have in store, there will be sights to delight and inspire. 

Title:Still Glenwood, Still October
Statement:I love Autumn and its glorious color but there is also a tinge of sadness at the edge of all the beauty.


And here are the Haiku that will be in the Eye of the Quilter exhibit:



My 92 year old mother-in-law who has severe dementia was recently moved into a board and care from her beloved home of 40 years. 
 
 
 
Betty’s Empty House
 
Her house sits empty
A fog of forgetfulness
Pushes out despair 





I wrote this Haiku while I was recovering from foot surgery a couple of months ago.  I had very strict instructions to keep the surgical area dry in order to avoid a horrible  infection.  Taped on plastic bags were useless so that meant SPONGE BATHS! 
 
 
Post Op Lament
 
 
 
 
Sloppy sponge baths suck
I long for streams of water
Splashing on my head

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your mountain photo - wow!